About PTE Coaching


If you’re planning to study abroad, you’ll need to provide English language test scores to prove your proficiency. These scores assure universities that you have the necessary language skills to undertake courses with English as the medium of instruction. The Pearson Test of English (PTE) is one such test that evaluates applicants’ English reading, speaking, listening, and writing skills. The PTE exam is designed to test whether candidates can study at international institutions by assessing their capabilities in understanding, reading, listening, speaking, and writing in English. The PTE exam structure is similar to many other English testing examinations and is divided into three sections: Reading, Listening, and Speaking & Writing.

Several institutions in countries such as the United States of America, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, Australia, and Canada accept PTE Academic exam scores alongside TOEFL and IELTS. The PTE exam format is standardized for all institutions globally, but it’s recommended to confirm with the institution for their preference.

Types of PTE Tests:

The PTE exam is widely accepted by colleges, governments, and organizations globally. It is divided into two types: PTE Academic and UK Government Tests (previously known as PTE General).
PTE Academic is taken by candidates for study purposes and is accepted by English-speaking countries like Australia, the USA, the UK, New Zealand, and more. It is also used for work and migration visas by the Australian and New Zealand governments.
UK Government Tests has four different types of tests, namely PTE Academic UKVI, PTE Home A1, PTE Home A2, and PTE Home B1.
If you plan to work or pursue a non-degree study program in the UK, then PTE Academic UKVI is the test you should take. It is a Secure English Language Test (SELT) approved by the UK government.
PTE Home A1 is for those who want to apply for a work or family visa in the UK. If you are looking to extend your family visa, then you need to take the PTE Home A2 test. However, if you want to settle permanently in the UK, then PTE Home B1 is the test you should take.